THE BEST THAT MANISTIQUE HAS TO OFFER
Whether it's visiting the state's largest fresh water spring or enjoying our Lake Michigan lighthouses, there's never a shortage of things to see in the Manistique area. From taking in the view at Fayette Historic State Park or listening to the wildlife at Seney National Wildlife Refuge, adventure is sure to find you.
YOU WON'T WANT TO MISS AT KITCH-ITI-KIPI
1. Ride the Raft. You won't want miss the ride on this self-propelled raft across the big spring at Palm Book State Park. Its original name was the "Mirror of Heaven" given to it by the early Native Americans.
2. Get a Scoop of Jilbert's Ice Cream at the Big Springs Gift Shop. Best known for it's Mackinac Island Fudge, you won't want to leave without trying a cone of hand-dipped ice cream.
3. Explore the Woods Path. Check out the gnarly cedar roots in this ancient forest home to wildflowers, birds and wildlife.
4. Play on the Playground. Let the kids get their energy out on the swing set and running around in the big grassy field.
5. Have a Picnic in the Shade. Make sure you remember to pack some yummy eats to enjoy at one of the many shaded picnic tables.